Thanks a lot for review!
As you can see we have 100% load on 1st CPU core and 0-10% on 2nd and so on with multicores CPU used. Just want add some hint about this trouble:
- start game and wait for intro start playing or game menu displayed
- press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC for call Task Manager (if it doesn't try ALT+TAB, WINKEY or CTRL+ALT+DEL and start it way you do)
- in Task Manager go to "processes tab" and find xrEngine.exe press RMB on it then select "Affinity" - you will see that all cores are used
- unselect all cores except 1st press "OK"
- now enter xrEngine.exe Affinity settings again and select all cores back to use then press "OK"
- press ALT+TAB to switch back in STALKER process
- now play and see the difference on ingame cores load - on AMD/Intel multicore CPUs i have seen 50-70% for each
core (you may use RivaTuner OSD or switch back to TaskManager to see CPU load history)
And another one hint:
- on ATI cards is great performance boost measured when using Catalyst not 8.8final but 8.8beta.
- so it able that x86 vs x64 systems will give performance differense
so try yourself