AMDs latest graphics driver for Radeon powered cards - Catalyst 11.5 - is ready for download. The hotfix 11.5a is optimized for Brink, it also fixes the intermittent flickering issues with games like Civilization 5 and World of Warcraft
AMD releases Catalyst 11.5 and AMD Catalyst 11.5a hotfix [Source: view picture gallery]
AMD surprisingly released new Catalysts, this time 11.5 - and besides the WHQL version, AMD also released hotfixes on their site
. For the 11.5 hotfix, Brink is mentioned in the release notes. If you play this game you should try the hotfix version.Release Notes: Catalyst 11.5
• Hydravision enhancements for Eyefinity configurations.
• The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision is now aware of user created Bezels.
• The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision now also includes as "Automatic Grid" option that aligns to the user defined Eyefinity display layout.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.5 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
• PowerDVD no longer randomly crashes when HDMI 8 Channel Audio is enabled.Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
• Avivo settings are now correctly displayed in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center after connecting a secondary display.
• Windows Media Player no longer randomly hangs or displays a black screen after playing VC1 (WMV) video files for over 4 hours.
• PowerDVD no longer crashes intermittently after enabling / disabling Crossfire during BD playback.
• Bioshock no longer displays visual corruption with Vsynch and MLAA enabled.
• Transcoding MPEG-2 video to H.264 no longer causes an application crash.
• Transcoding H.264 to AVCHD no longer generates lagging video.
• Civilization V no longer stops responding during game launch when Crossfire is enabled.
AMD Catalyst Driver 11.5a Hotfix Feature:
• Includes performance optimizations and resolves various quality issues for the upcoming release of Brink
• Resolves transcoding video lagging issues seen when converting multiple H.264 clips to MPEG2 Blu-ray video
• Resolves the intermittent mouse cursor lag issue seen by some users
• Resolves intermittent flickering issues seen in the following applications in a system using an AMD Radeon™ HD 6600 series graphics card with DDR3 memory and running in DirectX® 9 mode:
- Civilization 5
- Dead Rising 2
- Fallout 3
- Mafia 2
- NBA 2010
- Starcraft 2
- Warcraft III
- World of Warcraft